CORTLAND, N.Y. - The State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) does a Q&A with this week's Men's Ice Hockey Player of the Week, Conlan Keenan.
Keenan tallied nine points in two games during the week for the Knights as they went 2-0. In the first game Keenan was involved in six out of the nine Geneseo goals, scoring a hat trick and adding three assists. Geneseo went on to beat Morrisville, 9-0. In the second game, also against Morrisville, Keenan scored one goal and added two assists to help Geneseo to a 7-1 win. He currently leads the nation with 19 points and is tied for second with 12 assists.
Sport: Men's Ice Hockey
Hometown: Penfield, N.Y.
Major: Communication with a minor in Arabic
- Which professional athlete do you have the most respect for? I have the most respect for Pavel Datsyuk.
- What's your game day meal? Game day meal is Chicken French, Green beans, and Cauliflower.
- What age did you start playing your sport? Started at age four.
- Do you have a hidden or special talent? I don't know if this counts but my spike ball partner (Joe Serpico) and I were 39-3 in spike ball games at school against other teams.
- What is your career goal post college? Career goal post college is to take hockey as far as it allows me and then go into law enforcement/counter-terrorism.
- What's on your music playlist? I have all kinds of music on my playlist but mostly techno.
- Do you have any pre-game rituals? I have so many pregame rituals it would take me hours to explain all of them.
- What's the best advice anyone has given you? The best advice is from my father "Always give your best effort, never give up, be confident, and have fun."
- What are your hobbies off the field/court/ice? My hobbies off the ice are to play golf and spike ball.
- What's your favorite memory since playing for your institution? My favorite memory since playing for Geneseo is building a family and strong relationships with all my teammates, as well as winning the SUNYAC championship.