CORTLAND, N.Y. - This week's State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Q&A is with the Women's Lacrosee Offensive Player of the Week, Lexie Meager (Syracuse, N.Y.).
Meager finished the week with 12 points on five goals and seven assists, three ground balls, eight draw controls and three caused turnovers that helped the Red Dragons (11-5, 8-1 SUNYAC) earn a pair of home SUNYAC wins to secure the second seed in the conference tournament. Meager opened the week with a career-high nine points on three goals and a career-best six assists, three ground balls, six draws, and three caused turnovers in a 21-11 victory versus Oneonta on Tuesday. She then tallied two goals and one assist, including the game-winning goal just before the final horn, in a 14-13 win versus Brockport on Saturday. For the season, Meager leads Cortland with 54 points on 32 goals and 22 assists and ranked first on the team with 64 draws.
Sport: Women's Lacrosse
1. If you had to choose another sport to play in college what would it be and why?
Field hockey, I never had an opportunity to play because my high school didnt have field hockey but I think I would enjoy it.
2. What's your favorite pro sports team and why?
New York Rangers because I love watching hockey.
3. Do you have a hidden talent, if so what is it?
I can say my alphabet backwards very fast.
4. If you could have one song play every time you score/get a hit/win a race what would it be?
5. What's your favorite sports memory?
Winning the SUNYAC Championship in 2018 by 14 against Brockport.
6. What's your favorite sports movie?
7. Do you have any pre/in game rituals? What are they?
I always wear my hair the same and drink Spark.
8. If you were stranded on an island, who would you want to be there with you, and why?
My family because I think my dad would have good survival skills and I like spending time with my family.
9. Who inspired you to play your sport?
10. What is your spirit animal?