Brockport Sports Information Department
The College at Brockport volleyball team closed out the 2019 season Friday afternoon with a tough 3-0 loss to Wellesley College. The Golden Eagles had impressive comeback this year, starting their season at 4-9 and rallying all the way back to win a conference championship and secure themselves a spot amongst the regions best. Despite a strong effort, the Blue put an end to the Green and Gold's 10 game win streak in three sets. With the win, Wellesley will go on to play the winner of tonight's matchup, Clarkson vs. Westfield State.
Results: Wellesley 3, Brockport 0
Location: Clarkson University | Potsdam, NY
Records: Brockport (19-11), Wellesley (23-5)
- The Golden Eagles finished the afternoon with 26 total kills, led by Andrea Coyle, Lindsey Luce and Meaghan Mastro.
- Coyle led the Green and Gold with seven kills and two aces, hitting .238 on the match.
- Luce and Mastro added a combined 11 kills and six blocks, both providing strength in front of the net on both sides of the ball.
- Setters Abbey Manning and Kerri McHale accounted for 20 of the teams 22 kills, Manning leading with 12 and McHale finishing with eight.
- The Golden Eagles trailed in each of the three sets, but continuously battled their way back to remain competitive until the end.
- The Golden Eagles closed out their season 19-11 overall, with their fourth conference championship in the last five years, three all-conference selections, a tournament MVP and a Coach of the Year selection.
The Golden Eagles lose four seniors to the 2019 season but welcome back a wealth of talent and experience and are excited for the challenge that next season brings.